Magellan Complete Care's Public Transport Bus Pass program
Magellan Complete Care is proud to announce that starting May 1, 2019, we will be offering a Public Transport Bus Pass program to our members. Below are frequently asked questions about the new program.
What is the Public Transport Bus Pass program?
The Public Transport Bus Pass program lets you use public transportation to get to and from your medically covered services. It is the member’s choice to take part in this program. There is no fee to use or join this program.
Who can take part in this program?
This program is free to all Magellan Complete Care members who meet the eligibility requirements. When you set up your trip with Veyo, ask if public transit bus passes are offered in your county.
Does this replace Magellan Complete Care’s vehicle ride transportation service?
No. We still offer door-to-door transportation services with Veyo. The Public Transport Bus Pass program is another choice for members. It puts you in charge of your pick-up times and locations.
What are the requirements for Magellan Complete Care’s bus pass program?
To be eligible for Magellan Complete Care’s Public Transport Bus Pass program you must:
- Be a Magellan Complete Care member.
- Have a medically covered service set up.
- Be at least 21 years old.
- Members under the age of 21 must have their parent, legal guardian or their authorized representative with them.
What types of bus passes are offered?
- Eligible members with one planned trip for a month are offered a daily bus pass.
- It is to be used for planned medical appointments. It will remain active the entire day.
- It will stay active for the whole day if used for other trips within the same transit system.
- Eligible members with five or more trips to the same address within a month are offered a monthly bus pass.
- Members who have five planned medical appointments for a month can ask for a monthly pass.
- It can be used for the whole month if used for other trips within the same transit system.
How will I get my bus pass?
You will get your bus pass in the mail. You must ask for a bus pass at least five business days before your planned appointment to get it on time.
Your bus pass is meant for non-emergent transportation. If you need transportation before the planned time, please set up door-to-door transportation. Please call at least 72 hours before your trip to set up door-to-door transportation. Please call Veyo’s reservation line at 1-800-424-8268 to set up door-to-door transportation for an urgent trip.
What information do I need to set up a trip?
To set up a trip, you will need to:
- Have your member ID card.
- Confirm the following information:
- Your Date of Birth.
- Your appointment date.
- The address for your appointment.
- Your mailing address.
How do I set up a trip?
Please call the reservation line at 1-800-424-8268. Please call at least five business days before your planned appointment to get your bus pass on time.
Will I be told what time I need to be at the bus stop?
No. It is your job to pick the best time and bus stop. You must have your bus pass with you and be at the closest bus stop on time the day of your appointment.
How do I find the closest bus stop to me?
Go to your county’s public transportation website to find closest bus stop to you.
Can I get a bus pass for my caretaker so they can to come to my appointments with me?
Magellan Complete Care will review a request for one extra escort bus pass. An extra bus pass may be given if the member:
- Is blind or deaf.
- Has a mental health illness.
- Is intellectually disabled.
- Needs personal assistance due to their medical condition.
- Is under 21 years of age.
- Members under the age of 21 must have their parent, legal guardian or authorized representative with them.
What if I lose my bus pass?
- Members are eligible for two replacement monthly passes per year.
- Monthly replacement passes will need to be reviewed.
- Daily passes may be given to cover the remaining trips for the month.
- Door-to-door transportation can still be used to make sure that medical transportation is provided.
Who do I call if I have questions about the Public Transport Bus Pass program?
Please call Veyo at 1-800-424-8268. You can also call Magellan Complete Care’s Customer Service line at 1-800-327-8613 or 711 TTY.